Meet Julie Lyford at Tea Gardens Saturday 21 May 2016
Another regional market, another opportunity to start a conversation for change. Take a fresh look at the Greens and ask our friendly team about what the Greens really stand for. Regional and rural communities are the vital part of Australia, are we ready for the transition towards a renewable economy?
WHEN: Saturday 21 May 2016, 9.00am-1.00pm at Tea Gardens Village Markets
Myall Quays Shopping Centre, Tea Gardens. Meet Julie’s team.
We want the communities in Lyne to grab hold of new opportunities and business models. We have the natural resources. We have the locations. We have the right people. We are at the forefront of the global transition to a better social, economic and environmental future.
We want strong
• Sovereignty for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples
• Action on climate change and renewable energy
• Public education and restoration of TAFE funding
• Public health, Medicare, NDIS and hospital funding
• Action on pension and social services safety nets
• Small/medium businesses – the backbone of Australia’s economy
• Fair and equitable taxation reform
• Federal Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) reform
• Ethical unions protecting workers’ rights
• Food and water security – sustainable farming
• Ethical justice for refugees
• Marriage and gender equality
• Local Government – no forced amalgamations, constitutional and federal funding reform
• Quality internet and mobile phone services
• Rural and regional TV, radio, and newspapers – your local voice