Save Our Koalas Day of Action: Sun 16 Aug 2020
Koalas are on track to become extinct in NSW unless the government urgently acts to protect koala habitat. But they’re sitting on their hands and refusing to take action.
That’s why we need to ramp up the pressure on those politicians with the power to act – NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian and the Minister for Planning Minister Rob Stokes.
Join the Save Our Koalas Day of Action by staging your own pop-up protest demanding action and sharing on social media.
Here’s what you can do:
1. Stage a (COVID-safe) pop-up protest in your local area. Pick a corner of a busy intersection, your street, a park or somewhere else where you’ll be noticed with your message to Save Our Koalas! You can download a poster here or make your own, and don’t forget to share photos and videos on social media! Register your event here: https://www.catefaehrmann.org/sok_popup
2. Do you live near Willoughby or Pittwater in Sydney? These are the electorates of the politicians who have the power to act – the NSW Premier and the Planning Minister. Please consider organising or joining a COVID-safe pop-up protest there so they can’t ignore our message to act now to Save our Koalas!
3. Join our virtual rally. Whether you’re at your own small pop-up public protest or in your lounge room, you’ll be able to tune in with communities across the state. Stay tuned for more info.
4. Create a storm on social media. Take a photo or video of yourself at a pop-up protest, or print a photo of yourself with a poster at home and share on social media tagging your local MP plus Premier Gladys Berejiklian (@GladysB), Environment Minister Matt Kean (@Matt_KeanMP) and Planning Minister Rob Stokes (@RobStokesMP).
Our koalas need us so let’s make this a big one! Please share this event and invite your friends. It’s not too late to save our koalas, but we need to place pressure on the Premier and Planning Minister NOW if they’re going to act in time.
- Bangalow Koalas
- Bob Brown Foundation
- Cate Faehrmann, Greens MP in NSW Legislative Council
- Extinction Rebellion NSW
- Extinction Rebellion Sydney
- Kailas Wild
- Keep Sydney Beautiful
- Koalas In Care Inc.
- Save Sydney’s Koalas
- Saving Sydney’s Trees
- Tamara Smith, MP
- The Great Koala National Park
- The Greens NSW